Friday 4th june 2021
Man Overboard Training and First Aid (just planned once in 2021)
9.00 up to approximately 17.00 at Huizen, Gooimeer.
Required certification, none but you need to be able to steer a boat. A RYA PB 2 certification will help
Minimun age = 18 (or else you are not allowed to drive the XS RIB, a fast boat)
A maximum of 3 student are allowed for this day
During the the following will be practised, this day is primarily learning by doing it your self.
- MOB training (several methods) how do I manoeuvre the boat to the correct position to retrieve the MOB
- Crew management, what and how must the available crew do things
- Correct and efficient procedures including VHF use
- We will practise several search patterns to find and retrieve a MOB
- Use of the TPA (Thermal Protective Aid)
- Use of rescue slings
- Use of a floating
- How to handle/treat a MOB including basic CPR
- U will see how medical oxygen can be used and its advantages (you can only use it yourself if you have an DAN Advanced Oxygen certificate)
- Perhaps some more surprises …..
We will be using various materials/equipment
- Billy the kid, the MOB/CPR manaquin (we’ll known in the PB 2 course)
- CPR mannequins and AED trainers
- Floating brandcard
- The XS 700 fast RIB ” Orkaan”
- Rescue sling
- DAN medical Oxygen kit
- If we get permission the use of some smoke flares
This is not an RYA course . It is a training dato improve your knowledge and experience to a higher level so you are able to successfully recover from MOB situation for 3 enthusiastic participants!
320 euro incl/ VAT, coffee thee, use of boat and all training materials
Via the page training dates, select a course and date and complete the online enrolment. Payment via check out (ideal). If you do not have a Dutch bankaccount, please send us an email for your enrolment. We do not accept creditcards as the this would mean we have to increase the prices with the creditcard fees.