RYA First Aid
A 1 day course starting at 09.00 until approximately 17.00 at Huizen (at and business unit 3 at watersportcentrum Huizen) 25 minutes by car from Amsterdam Rai / Utrecht Overvecht /Almere – Stad.
A well equipped professional teaching location with a lovely view over Huizen harbour. All Corona/Covid 19 proof (see homepage and facebook).
A maximum of 12 students and 1 certified instructor (up to 12 students possible for clubs/groups/companies), there is no minimum age, however the advised minimum age is 13 to 14 years.
The course is aimed at providing the usual first aid training, but from a boating experience. No prior experience is required. If you go afloat accidents can happen. This course provides essential knowledge and hands-on training you can use on (confined) boats as well as on land. After completion of the course the certification is valid for 3 years.
The certificate fulfils the requirements of
- professional skippers working under the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to World Sailing’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4)
- the UK Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981 for the purposes of Emergency First Aid at Work
- Valid for IJspegel, Fastnet, Sydney-Hobart and most races
- RYA Yachtmaster
- Sensible boat users
Price 169 euro (including training, use of bandages, modern CPR mannikins, AED trainer, anatomical models, Crash & Carry exercise model, act fast Heimlich trainer, coffee/tea/water/cookies, lunch (bread) free parking, course book in English and VAT).
- Boating subjects
- Drowning, secondary drowning
- Immersion hypothermia and cold water shock
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical advice/assistance by VHF Marine Radio
- Medevac by helicopter
- Contents of Category C first aid kit including pocket mask
- Blue green algae/Weils disease/Fish hooks
- general subjects
- Assessment, immediate actions and priorities (treat wat kills first)
- Recovery position
- CPR including AED
- Breathing difficulties
- Medical Shock
- Blood loss, bleeding control, use of trauma dressings
- Internal bleeding recognition
- Angina, heart attack
- Level of Response (AVPU)
- Head injury
- Burns including sun burn
- Diabetic emergency
- First Aid kit
RYA first Aid (8.30 to 17.00)
For dates please look at the page training data
Companies/clubs There are possibilities to give this training at your location, please send an email to the above mailadres for inquiries.