RYA First Aid
28-05-2021 This course is allowed again! Covid proof.
Note 15-03-2021 As an extra precaution for the safety of all participants a rapid covid test will be performed (included in the course costs) based on saliva (so nothing will go into your nose or mouth) . In 15 minutes the result is available, only with a negative test you can continue the course.
A 1 day course starting at 09.00 until approximately 17.00 at Huizen (at and business unit 3 at watersportcentrum Huizen) 25 minutes by car from Amsterdam Rai / Utrecht Overvecht /Almere – Stad.
A well equipped professional teaching location with a lovely view over Huizen harbour. All Corona/Covid 19 proof (see homepage and facebook).
A maximum of 12 students and 1 certified instructor (up to 12 students possible for clubs/groups/companies), there is no minimum age, however the advised minimum age is 13 to 14 years.
The course is aimed at providing the usual first aid training, but from a boating experience. No prior experience is required. If you go afloat accidents can happen. This course provides essential knowledge and hands-on training you can use on (confined) boats as well as on land. After completion of the course the certification is valid for 3 years.
The certificate fulfils the requirements of
- professional skippers working under the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency Codes of Practice for Small Vessels Operated Commercially
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to World Sailing’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4)
- the UK Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981 for the purposes of Emergency First Aid at Work
- Valid for IJspegel, Fastnet, Sydney-Hobart, 24 uurs zeilrace and most races
- RYA Yachtmaster
- Sensible boat users
Price 169 euro (including training, use of bandages, modern CPR mannikins, AED trainer, anatomical models, Crash & Carry exercise model, act fast Heimlich trainer, coffee/tea/water/cookies, lunch (bread) free parking, course book in English and VAT).
- Boating subjects
- Drowning, secondary drowning
- Immersion hypothermia and cold water shock
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical advice/assistance by VHF Marine Radio
- Medevac by helicopter
- Contents of Category C first aid kit including pocket mask
- Blue green algae/Weils disease/Fish hooks
- general subjects
- Assessment, immediate actions and priorities (treat wat kills first)
- Recovery position
- CPR including AED
- Breathing difficulties
- Medical Shock
- Blood loss, bleeding control, use of trauma dressings
- Internal bleeding recognition
- Angina, heart attack
- Level of Response (AVPU)
- Head injury
- Burns including sun burn
- Diabetic emergency
- First Aid kit
RYA first Aid (9.00 to 17.00)
For dates please look at the page training data
Via the page training dates, select a course and date and complete the online enrolment. Payment via check out (ideal). If you do not have a Dutch bankaccount, please send us an email for your enrolment. We do not accept creditcards as the this would mean we have to increase the prices with the creditcard fees.
Companies/clubs There are possibilities to give this training at your location, please send an email to the above mailadres for inquiries.