Safe Haven Training
Safe Haven Training is an RYA RTC (Royal Yachting Association Recognised Training Center). It provides training courses;
- RYA Powerboat 1 and 2 course
- Powerboat mile builders and Powerboat MOB days
- VHF Marine Radio/ SRC (Short Range Certificate) day course with exam (most chosen) at the end or RYA SRC online course with exam on appointment
- RYA First Aid
- RYA CEVNI online exam
- RYA Diesel engine
- Stop the Bleeding safe a life course (according to the method of VU Medical Center), at request only (it is standerd part of the RYA First Aid course).
- Several Dutch only courses (Klein Vaarbewijs 1 & 2, Marcom B practical exam training), only visible in the Dutch version of this website
We also provide Emergency Response (BHV) training for companies.
Also take a look at the facebook page, you will find regular updates and useful information for previous students.
The RYA (Royal Yachting Association) is the British national body for water-sports training and strives for a high professional standard in the RYA courses. Safe Haven Training undergoes yearly inspections by an RYA inspector which safeguards that material, procedures and courses complies with the high RYA standards. It is the most international recognised institute for water sport training.
For Dutch only courses we use teaching material and online training facilities of Vaarbewijsopleidingen.
Safe Haven Training uses professional equipment for all courses provided. Safe Haven Training strives for the best possible equipment, not to comply with just the minimum required. Safety & Quality are first, no concessions are made and these matters. We use a lot of equipment where possible (Marine VHF, EPIRB, SART, PLB, AIS MOB, GMDSS portofoons, antennas, brandcards, smoke escape masks, First Aid equipment, medical oxygen equipment, advanced CPR mannequins, MOB mannaquin etc), this to provide an experience which is as close to reality. You learn and remember better seeing and touching and where possible using the equipment.
This is not the most commercial website in the Netherlands, we know. Preference has been given to as clear as possible, honest and complete information. The pictures (self made or by students) of the location, boat, materials etc. is as it is. No fancy pictures of things that are not there, no pictures of materials which we do not have, no views which do not exist in reality. No pictures of boating areas where you will not come. Also we do not mention unrealistic required selfstudy hours before a course, to push our sales. Generally said what you see is what you get and often more materials are available than visible in the pictures.
Powerboat courses; for the courses a 7 meter XS RIB with a 200 HP Mercury outboard engine is used. The boat is category B build (up to force 8 with 4 meter high waves) and is equipped with a wide range of safety equipment that supersedes the Dutch and RYA requirements.
For the VHF Marine radio courses 12 ICOM training radios are used. In 1 day you can pass the assessment and can gain certification which is also recognised by the Dutch authorities.
The location in Huizen is Corona proof
- Extra tables
- Disinfected study places 1,5 meter apart
- A Swiss IQ air purifier with amongst others an HyperHEPA 12/13 filter of hospital quality which can even remove corona aerosols if present (in fact the air in the classroom is now cleaner than the air outside !)
- Each students has personal equipment for the course (for example VHF training , personal CPR mannequin, First Aid bandages etc.)
The boat can be chartered with a qualifies skipper as for example a safety boat. By this you can comply for your water or adjacent to water events to the Dutch requirements as stipulated in the regulations by the IFV.
Terms and Conditions (without small print), course content and realistic required preparation times for students is provided on this website.
Take a look at the site and you are welcome to book a training course!