Safe Haven Training
- RYA Powerboat 1 and 2 course
- Powerboat mile builders and Powerboat MOB days
- VHF Marine Radio/ SRC (Short Range Certificate) day course with exam (most chosen) at the end or RYA SRC online course with exam on appointment
- RYA First Aid
- RYA CEVNI online exam
- DAN, a wide range of First Aid courses, Oxygen First Aid courses and the Neuro Assessment course
- Stop the Bleeding safe a life course (according to the method of VU Medical Center)
In future Safe Haven Training will also be providing
- DAN Fire Safety Officer
This will open up the possibility to provide also complete Emergency Response (BHV = Bedrijfs Hulp Verlening in Dutch) package (in Dutch or English) to companies (probably in Q 4 2020, COVID impact depending ).
The RYA (Royal Yachting Association) is the British national body for water-sports training and strives for a high professional standard in the RYA courses. Safe Haven Training undergoes yearly inspections by an RYA inspector which safeguards that material, procedures and courses complies with the high RYA standards.
Safe Haven Training uses professional equipment for all courses provided. Safe Haven Training strives for the best possible equipment, not to comply with just the minimum required. Safety & Quality are first, no concessions are made and these matters.
Powerboat courses; for the courses a 7 meter XS RIB with a 200 HP Mercury outboard engine is used. The boat is category B build (up to force 8 with 4 meter high waves) and is equipped with a wide range of safety equipment that supersedes the Dutch and RYA requirements.
For the VHF Marine radio courses 12 ICOM training radios are used. In 1 day you can pass the assessment and can gain certification which is also recognised by the Dutch authorities.
The location in Huizen is Corona proof
- Extra tables, reduced number of students
- Short Range Certificate 8 students
- First Aid 8 students
- Stop the bleeding 4
- Disinfected study places 1,5 meter apart
- Between all study places Corona screens have been placed
- A Swiss IQ air purifier with amongst others an HyperHEPA 12/13 filter of hospital quality which can even remove corona aerosols if present (in fact the air in the classroom is now cleaner then the air outside😊)
- PPE (personal protective equipment) for each student is available (nose mouth masks, gloves, safety glasses, disinfectant)
- Each students has personal equipment for the course (for example VHF training , personal CPR mannequin, First Aid bandages etc)
- Covid 19 protocol is applicable, you must be flu/fever free, your temperature will be measured (And must be below 38 degrees Celsius) before you may enter the classroom, sneeze/cough in your elbow, wash your hands, no handshaking, use PPE when instructed.
- Pictures of the classroom are available on facebook
The boat can be chartered with a qualifies skipper as for example a safety boat. By this you can comply for your water or adjacent to water events to the Dutch requirements as stipulated in the regulations by the IFV.
Take a look at the site.